Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April Monthly Summary

I was really busy today and didn't have very much time for a run. Since I did not get any speed work in yesterday and since I was in a bit of a hurry, I decided to burn it out today. So instead of fartlek, it was really a 5 1/2 mile tempo run. I wanted to try out the chest strap again to see how it felt. At first there was a bit of pain for the first couple miles and pretty much turned into just a minor annoyance by the end. The weather was way better today as it was overcast and low 60s. I finished the 5.5 miles in just under 38 minutes to average 6:52 per mile with an average heart rate of 157. Oddly enough, that's only about level 3 for me. I had plenty more in the tank and definitely could have pushed it harder if I wanted to. That's the motivation booster I needed after the debacle of this past weekend. Given that I have something like 15 miles run at 7:00 min/mile pace with Andy tomorrow, I figured I better leave a little in the tank


Below are my totals for the month of April. For comparison, here is the March Monthly Summary. Even with my 90+ mile week, my running totals dipped a bit in April. With the rib injury and a slower start of the month, I barely broke 200 miles, but I still was able to hit the number for the 2nd month in a row. I commented last month on my poor lifting performance only to do even worse this month. That's just horrible. Especially since most of it came at the beginning of the month. Once the ribs heal I will get back to it. My core definitely needs some strengthening as I have not been doing it at the gym lately and not been making the ATP sessions where we also work on core.


For the year, I'm averaging nearly 200 miles a month, well on pace for my first 2,000 mile year.


I have been told that I may not be eating enough. I'd have to agree with that. Looking at my weight for the month, I lost another pound, some it muscle, but more if it fat. I definitely need to hit the gym more to reduce the amount of muscle that I continue to lose.


I also put together a overview of the year so far to see how things have progressed.


Some people have mentioned slight OCD on my part. I guess the fact that I keep track of all this stuff definitely indicates something. I know that I shouldn't own up to keeping track of all this information but hey, I'm a numbers freak and like to analyze data. Plus, if you're actually reading this maybe you do the same thing and you won't feel so odd knowing that someone else does it too. If not, then I guess I'm just a weirdo.

I watched Tuesday's American Idol tonight. I have to say, I just don't care much about this season any more. I'm not even looking forward to watching every week any more. Watching and listening to Paula acting like more of a donkey than she usually is made this week even worse. Based on performances, here my order for the week (followed by my expected order that they will get voted out.
  1. Syesha White (out this week or next)
  2. David Cook (will get first or second)
  3. David Archuletta (should get third)
  4. Brooke White (should be out next week, but could be this week)
  5. Jason Castro (absolutely needs to go, but will likely get 2nd or 3rd overall)


Food Journal


Food
  • 1 1/2 bowls Strawberry Medley Cereal with 10 oz Skim Milk
  • Original Jamba Juice - 3G Energizer with Protein
  • PowerBar
  • Peanut Butter and Pretzels
  • 2 Life Savers
  • Chicken Breast with BBQ Sauce, Brown Rice, Frozen Peas
Drink
  • 114 oz Water
  • 30 oz Coffee
  • 12 oz Diet Coke
  • ~8 oz Skim Milk
Comments

I ready need to get some healthy snacks at work. I've been pretty hungry lately and don't have many options. The peanut butter and pretzels is quite tasty and gives me a huge energy boost, but it's probably not the healthiest of options. The peanut butter gives me some protein (that I very much need) and lowers the ridiculously high glycemic index of pretzels, but is very high in fat. There is good fat there, but more than I'd like to eat as a snack.

No comments: