Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back on Track?

I'm hoping that today is the first day to get back on track. I'm done destroying my body and ready to get back at it. I'm going to need a couple days to detox after all the crap that has been put into my body. So far today has been a good start.

I was able to get out for a run again today. The goal was to head out to see if I was able to make it. I had to go without my heart rate strap as the strap goes right across the area of my ribs that are still sore. I started out just seeing how things felt. I felt a little minor pain, but nothing that was going to make me stop. I decided to change the run into a fartlek workout and pick it up here and there to see how I felt. It turns out, it was a really good run today. I ended up doing about 5.5 miles in just under 40 minutes. I opened it up for the last two-thirds-ish of a mile to the fastest speed of the day probably averaging something like 6:15 or so. Oh man, did it feel good to get this in. It also felt good knowing that I'll be able to get back into it and to know that it shouldn't make me miss the 20+ mile run this weekend.


Speaking of the weekend long run, we will be meeting at the finish line of the La Jolla Half Marathon and running the course backwards until mile 2ish and then turning around and running the race. This should make this incredibly hilling run pretty enjoyable. Of course, the absolute beauty of the course will also help.

I'll keep this one nice and short.

Food Journal


Food
  • Original Jamba Juice - 3G Energizer
  • PowerBar
  • pretzels and peanut butter
  • small piece ice cream birthday cake
  • 2 chicken fajitas on 8" corn tortillas
Drink
  • 134 oz Water
  • 20 oz Coffee
  • 12 oz Diet Dr. Pepper
  • 12 oz Skim Milk
Comments
Got back on track today. I ate less than required to make up for the craziness of the last week. Even with getting 4-5 hours of sleep last night, I reduced the amount of caffeine taken is as well. I'm happy with the results of today.

No comments: