Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

The weekend has come to an end. I feel like I may be on my way to normal again after a couple relaxing days. I had a great 16 mile trail run on Saturday. I had no desire to get out there and run late Friday night and first thing Saturday morning. Since I was running with 1 other guy, I couldn't really leave him hanging. So I headed out and I'm glad I did. It was a great, easy run on trails around Lake Hodges. I wanted to do some good hills during the run, but since this is one of the areas hit by the fire last fall, most of the trails were closed and we had to stick to the main stretch.


The rest of yesterday was spent doing some shopping, watching some Little League baseball eating and drinking stuff that is not good for me and watching the movie Juno. My wife had been trying to get me to watch that movie for a long. Pretty cool movie. I definitely recommend it.

I got lots of sleep last night and hit the gym for a pretty good workout considering I've missed my workouts quite a bit the last couple weeks. I spent most of the day with family today outside at a picnic. Of course, this was more bad eating, but being active with the niece and nephews helped burn some of that off. It was another great relaxing day.

I think these last 2 days helped to get me out of my funk. I have a goal this week of averaging at least 7 hours a night of sleep. I think my attitude should be much better by the end of the week.

Since I spent the last few days eating like I was not training for a marathon, I should be able to get back to normal without too much trouble and will start keeping track of my food journal too. I expect all of this to contribute to a much better running week than last. Although, I had quite a spill today during the potato sack race where I think I bruised a rib or two. It will be interesting to see if I can run at all.

Speaking of last week's running, I felt like I slacked a lot. Since I did over 90 miles the week before, it was definitely a down week. I ended up taking 3 days off completely. With that, I still ended with 50+ miles for the week. It looks like I'll be hitting the 200 mile mark again for the 2nd month in a row. I'm definitely well on my way to my first 2,000 mile year. It's still early and I've been on this pace before early in the year as I was training for Boston back in 2004, but this year is way different. I expect to stick with it this time. As I approach 9,000 total miles run since 2001, if things stay the same this year, I should also hit the 10,000 mile mark. I know this is way less than a lot of people, but I'm guessing it's way more miles than way more people.

The Cubs have worked their way up to the 2nd best record in baseball. I know it's extremely early in the season, but I'm already getting super psyched that maybe, just maybe, this will be the year. Go Cubbies!!!!

Tomorrow morning is the Boston marathon. Good luck guys!

No comments: