Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Running, TV and PS3

Today's entry needs to be short. I followed back to back long days with speed work today. It was the weekly ATP workout today. We kept the exercises between each repeat to the normal 400 level exercises. Next week we will bring the schedule and do the 800 level exercises to go along with our 800 repeats. The repeats weren't as bad today as I thought they'd be. I did 3:04.35, 2:56.40, 2:53.16, 2:55.99 and 2:48.08. My numbers from last week without the exercises in between were very similar 3:02.85, 2:53.52, 2:54.43, 2:46.08 and 2:43.80. I'll take it, especially since the total for today puts me very close to 50 miles for the last three days. I really need to get to the gym, but considering what I've already done this week and what is comin in the next few days, I think I'll benefit more from a day off. I feel really good right now and don't feel like I need a day off, but better safe then sorry.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to wait to watch American Idol (3 shows this week) and The Biggest Loser this week. It will be an interesting exercise to see if I'm able to make it through the week without hearing anything about the results of any of these shows before watching them. It will also be interesting to see if my Divo completely fills up before I get the chance to clear it.

I finally got back to playing PS3 last night. I played MLB 08: The Show again. I have two separate players starting careers in Road to the Show mode. I haven't played in a few weeks and could tell I was a bit rusty. I took my pitcher who is the #1 pitcher on the staff for the AA Bingingham Mets. I had a Nuke La Loosh type performance through 5 innings. I had something like 7 strikeouts and 5 walks to go with my 1 hit shutout. I had no control. The coach brought me out for the 6th which was a mistake as I was already around 90 pitches. I walked the first two (one of which was my 3rd 4 pitch walk). He still didn't take me out. I then proceeded to give up a couple hits allowing them to tie it up before I was finally yanked. Yuck! That certainly hurt the numbers. The team pulled was still able to pull off the win after I got yanked. The scheduled game was June 28th, meaning the All-Star break is approaching. I think I'm close to getting the call for AAA at some point soon. The longer they wait to make the call, the more I can work on improving before it happens. I want to play another game tonight, but it's already after 10 and I have a couple other things to do before I can hit the sack.

One of the things I need to do before going to sleep is getting back to studying for my SCJP 1.5 certification. I have already paid for this certification exam out of my own pocket. I don't get reimbursed the fee unless I pass the test. The certificate I purchased expires on June 30 this year. I need to get to it so I don't end up cramming at the last moment. From what I've heard, this test is so difficult that it's nearly impossible to cram. So that means I get to it now.

No comments: