Monday, April 14, 2008

Speed Work

Today's plan was 5x1600 which I was planning on doing by myself after work. It was still a bit warmer today and I just wasn't fully into the workout. Unfortunately, I crapped out after the 3rd interval. I just did a cool down and called it quits. After looking at my average HR during the 3rd interval, it wasn't nearly as high as it felt. I guess I'll just chalk this one up to a bad workout. Maybe it's due to the big effort last week or maybe it was due to the lack of sleep last night. Either way, I'll forget about it and move on.

Tomorrow is a very day and I have to leave on time for softball. Tomorrow may turn into an unscheduled rest day. I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm not going to hold my breath that I'll get my workout in.

This is a short one today as there is nothing else worth mentioning.

Food

  • Strawberry Medley cereal with ~10 oz Skim Milk
  • French Vanilla Yoplait Yogurt - 6 oz
  • Chicken Caesar Salad
  • Chewy Gobstoppers
  • 2 Cookies and Cream Pop-Tarts
  • 1 PowerBar
  • BBQ Chicken Breast
  • 2 Small Boiled White Potatoes
  • Green Beans
  • 1 York Peppermint Patty (small)
  • 1 Fortune Cookie
Drink
  • 160 oz Water
  • ~30 oz Coffee
  • 24 oz Tea
  • 12 oz Diet Dr. Pepper
  • 12 oz Skim Milk
Grade: A-
I'm pretty happy with the food and drink today. Of course, far too much caffeine, but until I start forcing myself to get some sleep, I'm not going to worry about it. I kept the quantities of food down today and only ate when I was hungry. The Pop-Tarts were not healthy, but I was hungry before the workout and my only other option was a PowerBar, which I would have eaten again right after. If I actually ate some fruit and cut out the 2 treats, this would have been near a near perfect day. Well, for me it would be, given my normal low standards. I did need the calories though. Even though the Pop-Tarts were nearly empty calories, they were high glycemic calories which got me energized for me workout. (May have also contributed to me "crashing" after only 3 intervals.)

No comments: