Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Google App Engine

I was fortunate enough to be one of the first 10,000 to sign up for the Google App Engine. I heard people say that they tried to sign up a few hours after the notice came out and the limit was already reached. I guess I was fortunate to be online at the right time and subscribed to the correct rss feeds to be able to jump right on the idea. Well, this is just one more thing to fill my spare time with. Like I said before, I have too many hobbies.

This is yet one more very interesting idea that Google has come up with. I plan to play around with the SDK and the engine and see what I can come up with. There are things that I do almost daily that would be good ideas for small applications to create for my first try. Ideas from daily weight tracking, workout logs, poker logs and others could be used for my first program. Very cool!

No comments: