Friday, May 2, 2008

Rest Day

I have run 5 days in a row and decided it's time for a recovery day. I would go to the gym and lift weights, but at this point, my rib injury appears to be on the slow path to recovery. I don't want to ruin in my making things worse.

To compound the no exercise decision for the day, I decided to make it a "cheat" day in my eating. It's not really cheating as I don't have a plan that I follow, but I allowed myself to eat more bad stuff than I usually do. I don't think that the day before a long run is the time to do it, but hey, you only live once. Plus, I usually have some pretty good long runs after eating crap the day and night before.

I think another reason for the rest day is that I'm very tired. Last night's 5 1/2 hour sleep night can be completely blamed on GTA IV. However, the night before, I also slept 5 1/2 hours and it was for a very different reason. I wonder if anyone else has this problem that I occasionally have. I was really tired and got to bed nice and early. It took me about 10 minutes, but I dozed off and woke. Unlike what usually happens here (I'll explain in a minute), I was able to fall back to sleep again and then woke up again. Both of these things took place in less than 10 minutes. Now I went to be exhausted and not thinking about a thing. After waking up the 2nd time (which often happens after the first time) I was wide awake and couldn't fall asleep for anything. I wasn't really even thinking about anything. I tried for about 45 minutes, got up for a bit and then tried again for another hour or so. Some time after 2 hours later, I finally fell back to sleep. It's almost like it was an incredibly efficient power nap. That annoys me so much when it happens and usually puts me behind the 8 ball for the week as I don't ever catch up on this lost sleep.


Food Journal


Food
  • 2 bowls Strawberry Medley with 12 oz Skim Milk
  • 2 slices Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza
  • Milky Way
  • 10 Life Savers
  • Chips and Salsa
  • Medium Domino's Pepperoni PIzza
  • 5 Otter Pops
Drink
  • 113 oz Water
  • 28 oz Coffee
  • 12 oz Diet Dr. Pepper
  • 12 oz Diet Coke

No comments: