Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Couple Movie to Miss

Based on all the nominations by the Academy Awards, I decided to rent "There Will Be Blood".
Having forced myself to sit through all 128 painful minutes of this movie, I have to give it 2 BIG thumbs down. That was the most anticlimactic, uneventful and disappointing movie I've seen in a long time. It comes very, very close to over taking "A Prelude to a Kiss" for the worst movie of all time in my books. I cannot fathom how they got 8 Oscar nominations. OK, Daniel Day-Lewis was good, but he always is. But the sounds were odd. The music didn't seem to fit to the movie. And they continued to build to nothing the entire movie. If I wasn't anticipating something happening the entire movie, I would have quit after the first 15 minutes. I just heard so many good things about it that I figured something would happen. Let me spoil it for you so you do not have to waste 2 1/2 hours of your life. Nothing happens. I assume there was a point to the movie, but I haven't the foggiest idea what it was. Maybe, greed corrupts?

I know this is wrong to say, but I also have another must miss recommendation. This past weekend I saw the 4th Indiana Jones movie. It was a must see movie in my book as I loved the first two. I know I'm older now then I was when I saw the first three, but this was just WAY to over the top. I'm glad I saw it because it was a requirement, but I was severely disappointed. If you are a fan of the series you have to see it, but go in with very low expectations and you may actually enjoy it.

No comments: