Thursday, May 22, 2008

As it turns out, my softball team is not the worst in the league. I think we played the worst team in the league tonight. They are a bunch of young, inexperienced players that didn't really know what they were doing. On two separate occasions, they overran 2nd base thinking it was ok because they could do it at first and then argued with us when we told them they were out. The only problem with this is that my mind was missing from the game most of the time. I tried to get myself to focus, but did not do a very good job. I think the lack of sleep is really affecting my play. I was horrendous in the field again today. As they were inexperienced, they hit tons of balls to shortstop, as you would expect. I think I was less than 50% on making successful plays. I bobbled balls and had some bad throws. I had a few throws that were catchable, but the other players missed them, making me feel just as bad. Anyway, that's the bad news. The good news is that the other team was just so incredibly bad, it didn't matter we won 39-15. Wow! 54 runs in a softball game. No wonder it took nearly 2 hours to play. My ridiculous line for the is 6 for 8 with 7 runs scored. I had 2 doubles, 3 triples and 1 home run with 8 RBIs. One of the triples was nearly an out of the park home run. Left field was 290 and the left center power alley was 370. I hit it between left and left center, probably more towards left. I hit the bottom of the wall on the fly. I think it was a bit wind aided as I don't think I can hit a softball that far these days as I'm so weak from not lifting weights.

Season Stats
G - 4
AB - 17
R - 12
H - 12
2B - 3
3B - 4
HR - 3
RBI - 22
SF - 2
AVG - .706
SLG - 1.882

Running today was a 3 mile tempo run. I did it at work today and not around the lake so their were a couple of hills affecting the run along with some good head wind. With that said, I felt pretty good about the run. It was another good confidence booster. Taking out the warm up and cool down, the 3 mile tempo averaged 6:40 per mile and my heart rate averaged 173. It was a cool overcast day which definitely helped me run better. As I have not been sleeping enough for a couple weeks now (and it is definitely affecting my life) my speed sessions have been pretty good for the last couple weeks.

I still haven't watch final American Idol results show yet. I've already heard who won, but won't mention it here, just in case you haven't heard yet. I've got to say, the final week was pretty weak. I wasn't all that impressed with either David's performances and actually found myself bored hoping the show would end sooner rather than later. I also thought the whole boxing analogy was a bit annoying. Sure, do it a bit at the beginning and then done. They drug it out way too long.

As I mentioned above, I have not been sleeping tons now for approximately the last week and a half or so. I've been loading up on as much caffeine as possible so I can stay awake at night to work and study. This has consistently been taking me to 12-2 every night. The 6 am wake up calls come way too early. I definitely feel the accumulated sleep loss affecting me. Fortunately, this weekend should help me catch back up a bit on some of the lost sleep. This will come in handy as it will be less than 1 week away from race day. There's really not much I can do about it other then failing, which is not an option. I've done tons of races and will likely do more. So this will be a good experiment to see how important the sleep is during the taper (as everyone claims). If you see any race pictures with someone lying in the middle of the road wearing a red shirt and sleeping, it's likely me. Say hi.

On that note, I need to get back to studying.

No comments: