Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Last "Long" Run

Today was the official last long run before Rock n Roll. This is typically an easy run of only 8 miles. As is usual with Marc Fit, we tend to run a bit harder than we should at times. The blame can usually be placed on Dano, but not today. The new, lean, mean, fightin' machine named John was pushing the pace today. As i'm just a sheep, of course I followed. With John pushing the pace most of the way each of our miles was faster than the previous. There were many times when I looked down at the end I saw my goal marathon pace. That is my goal marathon pace in October of 6:52. We were just smoking it. Here's the numbers: 8:53, 8:23, 7:59, 7:55, 7:45, 7:31, 7:30, 7:16, 7:01 and 6:21 (for the last .56 miles). Looking at the chart below, you can definitely see when we decided to pick it up. Anyway, the run felt good and it was another nice confidence booster. We ended up doing 10 instead of 8 and it was at a harder pace then it probably should have been, but I think it will only help my come race day.



After the run, we drove up to LA to see a friend who was in town for a wedding. We have not seen each other or talked too much in the last few months as life continues to get in the way all the time. We picked him up and drove down Hollywood Blvd on our way to Rodeo Drive. We didn't see much, but what I did see didn't do much for me. Of course, me not being a fan of LA does not give a fair grade either. On a positive not, it was good to chat and catch up. I tried falafel for the first. I must say, quite tasty.

I was up late studying last night and had a good session. I'm not feeling a bit more comfortable heading into the last month that I will be prepared for this silly certification. I'm 1/2 through the book I'm reading and feel pretty good about the first 1/2. The 2nd half is definitely more difficult and complicated. I only need a 59% to pass, but without an understanding of this 2nd half, it's very unlikely that I can make the passing grade. I plan on studying and/or working the next 2 nights, but with no official work days coming up the next 2 days, I'm hoping to catch up a little on some of this much needed sleep.

No comments: