Monday, May 12, 2008

Back in San Diego

I am back in lovely San Diego again. Even though the weather is not quite as nice as it was in San Francisco, it feels good to be back home. Last week was very busy and stressful at times. I think this is a bit odd considering that it was a conference that I was attending, but I think most of that is my own fault. Assuming I'm able to go back again next year, I will definitely make different plans and have different assumptions. This will definitely help.

My new goal for the Rock n Roll Marathon is now 3:15ish. I know the 3:07 goal is never going to happen. My training for the last 4-5 weeks has been very disappointing. I've been eating poorly, missing speed sessions and have not been getting in any strength training. I am in better shape than last year when I ran a 3:26 so I definitely expect to beat that. We found out that we got a lottery spot into St. George again this year. I'm going to create an actual training plan and schedule to follow as I aim to break 3:00 for the first time.

My eating/drinking was simply atrocious last week as well. My goal this week is to get back into some type of healthier eating plan, especially since the marathon is now only 3 weeks away. Looking back at what I ate for the day, it looks like it was pretty bad again.

My work schedule from now until the end of June is going to be ridiculously busy. I have a bad feeling my 3 week taper might end up being a bit more tapered then is really necessary. Training for this marathon started out with so much potential, but it's certainly ending as a huge disappointment. Hopefully I can still salvage something out of it and be at a high enough level in one month to be able to jump right back into training for St. George.


Food Journal


Food
  • Nature Valley Crunch Cinnamon Cereal w/ 10 oz Skim Milk
  • Campbell's Beef w/ Vegetables and 1/2 sleeve Crackers
  • Milky Way
  • Pretzels and Peanut Butter
  • Chips and Salsa
  • Chicken/Mango Sausage, Brown Rice and Green Beans
  • slice Lemon Meringue Pie
Drink
  • 100 oz Water
  • 20 oz Coffee
  • 12 oz Tea
  • 12 oz Diet Dr. Pepper
  • 12 oz Diet Coke
  • 12 oz Mountain Dew
  • 12 oz Skim Milk
Comments

No comments: