Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Running and Softball

I ran 5.5 easy miles today. I'm just trying to take it easy this week in preparation for kicking things off next Monday. I expect that I'll hit the gym tomorrow and then run again on Thursday. Depending on how I feel and how busy I am, Friday will be another running day, another gym day or a rest day. I'll probably do 8-10 on Saturday.

We played a really bad team tonight in softball. I think they are winless on the season and for good reason. The are all incredibly inexperienced. We won easily 29-14. As in our last blowout, we gave up a lot more runs than we should have, but when the other team is so bad, you get off your "A" game pretty quick and easily. Our SS from last year was back for a game and this put me back at third. No errors tonights and I made some nice plays. Our SS had some errors, but it's much better when I'm not the one causing the problems. Continued hitting pretty well. I got on base 6 times in 7 at bats. I was 5 for 7 with 5 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple and 4 RBIs. I batted 2nd for the first time this year and didn't get as many RBI opportunities. Instead I tried more to get on base and let the guys behind me knock in the runs. The one time I got on and didn't score was when I knocked in the 4th and 5th runs for the inning and this ends the inning.

Season Stats
G - 7
AB - 33
R - 19
H - 23
2B - 6
3B - 5
HR - 3
RBI - 30
SF - 2
AVG - .697
SLG - 1.455

No comments: