Monday, June 9, 2008

Low Content

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. Here's a summary of what has happened since I last wrote. I worked a lot. I've studied a lot. I had 2 nights of good sleep this past weekend, but followed that up with a 4 1/2 hour night and now I'm struggling already at the beginning of the week. I've eaten tons of pizza. And I've been out on 2 runs so far. The first was an easy 5.45 miles and the 2nd was a unintentionally intense 7 miler. It was supposed to be a nice and easy 1 hour run that ended up being a bit hard and fast. I just couldn't slow it down. My heart rate was going crazy, but I did nothing today. So I don't think that I will be over training during this recovery time.

This is my last recovery week. I'll get out for a couple more easy jogs, maybe hit the gym once or twice and then do 10ish this weekend. Monday the 16th starts the first of my 16 weeks of training for St. George. It will be my first speed session. Since that's coming up, I'm trying to focus on work, studying and "recovery". Of course, real recovery would be much healthier eating and involve getting much more sleep, but hey, you can't have everything.

So, until next week, I'm not sure what the posts will be. There is a softball game, so I will probably write something about how poor my fielding continues to be. I will be back to more regular posts next week.

Go Cubs!

No comments: