Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Softball, Running and Work

Tuesday - Played softball today. We normally play 10 handed and don't supply a pitcher. We started this game with 7 and had one player show up in the bottom of the first. There is a max of 5 runs that you can score per inning and by the end of the 2nd inning, it was 10-10. After that, both teams started playing some defense. I played shortstop and 3rd base most of the time. I was actually back in shallow left field to allow myself to try get to as many balls as possible as I was the only one on that side of the field. We started to make some plays and I made some plays as a shortstop and at 3rd. After a huge debacle about losing an inning somewhere, we only ended up playing 8 innings. We won by 8 or so. Not bad for being short handed 2 players. I had a solid game at bat, but nothing great. 4 for 6 with 3 runs, a double, triple, 5 RBIs and a SH. That was the last game of the regular season. I believe we ended 7-5 and were either the highest or the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. Not bad considering I didn't think we'd win any. Next week starts a double elimination tournament. As we have been struggling to field a team lately and since a few people have said they are out next week, we may be in trouble.

Season Stats

G - 12
AB - 60
R - 38
H - 38
2B - 11
3B - 9
HR - 6
RBI - 46
SF - 4
AVG - .633
SLG - 1.417

Wednesday - Ran 8 miles today with a 6 mile tempo. Goal pace was 6:56, which seemed pretty to be a bit slow. Without trying too hard, I averaged 6:38s with my heart rate averaging 169 during the effort. My legs were a bit heavy and my diet and sleep have been horrendous lately. With that that, it wasn't all that hard.
1 - 6:44, 161
2 - 6:43, 165
3 - 6:39, 168
4 - 6:38, 172
5 - 6:38, 172
6 - 6:36, 174

Thursday - Was planning on running to/from work tomorrow, but I'm just too busy at work. I can't afford to lose that much time. As it is, I will be up past midnight again tonight and up before sunrise tomorrow. If I run 20+, I will be useless tomorrow night. I need to work late again and can't afford to lose a night from unproductivety.

No comments: