Sunday, July 27, 2008

23 Miles on Saturday

For some reason, I've been wanting to do a run from my house, out to and up Iron Mountain and back. On Saturday, as most of the others in my running group had other plans, I decided to stay home and give it a shot. I woke up at 4:30 wanting to get an early start. I ended up hanging around the house until 5:30 as I waited until the sun came up. I'll let the picture below tell most of the story. It was a bit more difficult than I was thinking it was going to be. I ended up running out of water and had to stop on the way. I had to incorporate a few walks breaks at the end in order to get up the last 400 foot hill. It's amazing how much harder things can be after at the 22 mile mark of a run versus the 3rd mile of a run. This run ended up being 2,900 feet of climbing

The plan was for the group to do this run next weekend. I'm wondering how many people will be up for it after seeing this picture.

1 comment:

dwallenburg said...

WOW!!!! that is impressive! Puts my hills to shame:>