Monday, July 14, 2008

Update on The Past Few Days

Saturday Run - The group met at Lake Miramar on Saturday. As I live about 3 1/2 miles from there, the plan was to run there, run with the group and then run home as I was scheduled to do 20 on Saturday. I wasn't sure that the group would only want to do 13 though and I had a feeling that meant I would be doing over 20. I wasn't ready for that. As I woke up early, I decided to head to the lake early and put in about 3. Dano and I headed out around Scripps Ranch and put in 1500 feet of climbing/descending. I know that's not tons of elevation compared to some people, but it is more than I usually put in my long runs, especially the 20 milers. I was not fully prepared for this run and only brought along water for the run. I started feeling the lack of food the last 2 miles and really had to push myself to finish. As we hit the cars, Dano hit 17 and I was 1/4 mile short. I was thinking about not being my anal self and just quit, but Dan made me finish. That's good. I needed it. All in all, a good, but challenging workout.


Sunday Gym - I actually made it to the gym for the 2nd time in one week. I had a great workout on Sunday which included lifting legs. As I'm just getting back into it, I'm not pushing myself super hard, but I picked up the intensity a bit this time compared to last time.

Monday Run - Well, I'm sore today from the gym yesterday. My legs are especially feeling it. Just want you want during speed work. The schedule today called for 3x1600 @ 5:51 with 1:00 recovery. I got carried away on the interval and burned myself out. I struggled to maintain on the last one. I really had to force myself to continue as I really wanted to quit. Times were 5:51, 5:43 and 6:11.

In other parts of my life, I'm not sure that I've shared this here or not, but we are looking to buy a bigger house as we are getting ready to get a bigger family. We've been working to get the house ready and we put our house on the market on Saturday. Unfortunately, we had to list it a little lower than we wanted to as another house in the neighboorhood undercut us as they are trying to sell their house at a low price. That sucks as we need the extra money for the new house. Anywho, the pictures and virtual tour should be coming in the next day or two. If anyone is interested in or knows someone else interested, please let me know. It's a great first home and priced lower to match others in the neighborhood.

We are also out there checking out houses that we can expand to. As the market sucks these days, we are not really pushing this aspect until we get some interest in our house. We have found a few that we are interested in, but as houses easily go 1, 2, 3 and more months before selling, we are not letting ourselves get too excited about any options out there yet. As Wendy progesses through her pregnancy, things may become a bit more urgent. For the time being, there is not too much of a hurry.

Things don't slow down the rest of this week. Tomorrow is the gym and softball. Wednesday is a tempo run at 6:26 pace. Thursday I'm running to and from work for my 2nd 20+ mile day of the week. Friday will likely be a rest day, but could potentially be another gym day. As Saturday only drops to 18 miles, I'm thinking it may be a good day for a break.

That's it from here. Talk to you soon.

No comments: