Friday, September 5, 2008

Can't Sleep

My busy schedule continues. I only managed to get in 3 workouts this week, two speed session on Monday and Wednesday and my long run tomorrow morning. This is no way to prepare for a race. The race is only 4 weeks away from tomorrow. I guess I'm in the middle of a super extended taper. The continued stress and pressure caused me to miss workouts and now it's preventing me from sleeping. The only thing that trying to sleep has gotten me this week is a lot of extra time to let me mind think about everything going on. So, here I'm am, writing about nothing. Maybe this will help. If not, running 15 miles in little sleep may help me crash during the day tomorrow. The goal pace is 10 seconds over marathon pace, but as the run tomorrow will be hillier than the race course, it may be more like 20-30 seconds over race pace. Anyway, I'm too tired to write anything productive like my August summary blog. I will work on that over the weekend and see how bad the month really was. Enough babbling, off to other things that do not include me sleeping.

No comments: