Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Here goes nothing...

I've tossed around the idea for awhile of staring my own blog. I've always shot down the idea because I don't feel that I have anything to say that is very exciting or interesting. On top of that, I'm shy and I like to keep to myself. And if anyone actually reads this, you will quickly find that I'm a poor writer. So why have I decided to take the plunge and begin this blog? Well, I'm still not 100% committed to the idea, but I think it's more of a change in mindset. In reading other blogs and listening to podcasts over the past few years, I have had the assumption that people do this to tell people things. They may want to inform, teach or just keep family and friends up to date on what's going on in their life. Today as I was revisiting the idea of starting a blog again during my commute to work, I quickly shot down the idea for the same reasons as before. Well, my commute was being done on foot as I was running to work. Since I had plenty of time to explore the idea further, I started thinking about how busy and cluttered my life is. There is so much that I want to do in my daily life that many things are neglected. I started to think that maybe a blog could help organize my life and clutter. I can use this as a journal. I hope to be better organized as I outline things going on in my life. The big two issues still remain. Who would want to read this and why do I want people knowing things about my personal life. Well, at least initially, I'm writing this for me. I'm hoping that by adding yet one more thing to do in my daily life, it will help me to become more organized and better at communicating in my daily life.

There are many things that I give a thought or two in my daily life and then they quickly leave my mind with no additional thoughts. I'm hoping that I can use this blog as a way to explore these ideas more thoroughly.

So I think the main idea is that, at least initially, I hope this help clear my mind and my life. If I actually stick to this (I have an addictive personality, but quickly move on to new things) we'll have to see how this blog mutates. As I do a lot of running in my life, this will likely include a lot of running related information in addition to what I mentioned earlier.

This isn't much of a start, but at least, it is a start.

No comments: