Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy or Sad?

What's up? How's it going? What's new?

Most people do not expect an honest answer to these questions. They ask the question without really expecting or wanting an answer. And people respond with "great", "fine" or "good". I know I do.

Up until tonight, I thought everything was progressing fine. I was making it though each day. I would answer all these questions with the expected answers. But tonight I put two and two together and realized, maybe everything isn't fine. I think I've been a bit depressed the past few days. I can't convince myself to go to bed at night which makes me tired. I always want to be doing whatever it is I'm not doing. I want to do things that I know I shouldn't be doing. I've got a ton of stuff to do and once I start them, I don't want to finish them and would rather do something else.

I guess realization is the first step. Progression, now that is another story.

No comments: